Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Stiletto Heals


OK, who out there can honestly say their girly-girl insides don't crave a pair of shoes like this? Personally, I would put up with aching feet for days to wear these out for a night!

I have to send sincere appreciation to the talented, kind and generous Shanna Shands for both the design and the image on this card. I spotted Shanna's card on her Splitcoast Gallery and simply fell in love. I emailed Shanna to inquire where to purchase the image and how she got it larger than the stamp. She instantly replied with Great Impressions Stamps and shared the stunning simple idea of enlarging a stamped image with a photocopier.

So here is my card. The base is 5 3/4" square, cut from Stardream metallics. The designer paper is unknown. The red square is also Stardream, as is the black circle on top of it. The image was scanned from the stamp via my scanner/printer onto X-Press It Blending Card and immediately set with heat embossing powder. The image was then colored with Copics.

Thanks again, Shanna!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Deb. Thanks again for for just being inspired and a big thanks for using a Great Impressions stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never known you could do that...hmmm....may have to give it a try! Your work is amazing...I love this heel! Thanks so much for using a Great Impressions stamp and I hope you will join our challenges that will be starting on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! U r amazing
    Linda

    ReplyDelete