Friday, 3 February 2012

Valentine Hearts


Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Here's a valentine I made using Cricut's Damask cartridge.

It couldn't be easier. Just choose a 12x12 inch patterned paper and a coordinating cardstock. With the cardstock on the mat, choose the Heart with the Shift Card option, and cut at 5.6 inches default. Then cut the Heart with Card option. I found that if I placed the paper just a 1/4 inch lower than normal, and then flipped what was left of the paper after the first cut and again placed it 1/4 inch lower, I could get both shapes from one sheet.

Next. Cut the Heart with Shift Card out of the patterned paper. Trim the patterned paper 1/8 each on either side of the score line.

Put the layers together and embellish. I've used Stickles on one and faux pearls on the other. Done - quick and easy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debora: Great card, I absolutely love it. Hugs Bela

    ReplyDelete