Friday, 23 March 2012

Pretty Baby

How sweet is this little card? And so easy!

The template is available from Stampington & Company. You simply print it out, cut it out and then trace onto cardstock.

I made a couple of changes. After printing, I snipped the front and back apart at the shoulders. Then I put each piece on my scanner/printer and enlarged it 200%. I then took those enlarged pieces and reconnected the shoulders. I made a tidy neck hole with the smallest oval in the Spellbinders set.

I then traced the dress onto a 12" sheet of Blush SU cardstock. I extended the lenth of the back right to the edge of the page for stability when standing the card up. I embossed the front of the dress with a Cuttlebug embossing strip.

The Apron is traced from the original back piece (enlarged) onto embossed, colored vellum. The Collar was cut from plain vellum from the Elegant Edges cartridge, <eyelet1> oblong at 4" default. The I cut this piece, the long way, about 1/3 off. I then embossed the collar with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.

The pendant was printed onto SU cardstock, then cut with a SU 1 3/8 inch circle punch, and mounted it onto a scalloped circle cut from the Blush cardstock.

Ribbon and pearls finished the look.

I plan on visiting Stampington too see what I can purchase in appreciation for the use of this sweet little dress.

2 comments:

  1. The cutest thing I've seen in ages! Such detail!

    ReplyDelete