Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Birthday Boys

These two cards were made for birthday boys. Got Cupcakes is for a twenty-something man. I was quite happy with how it turned out. I especially liked the plate which is done with oval Spellbinders and the cherry which is covered in Diamond Glaze. T is for a five year old and it had to extra-special because it will be framed and hung in his room. Both cards are created on 5 3/4 inch square bases.

Got Cupcakes' image is from My Favorite Things and, of course, colored with copics. The striped paper was cut with square Spellbinders at 2". The fork is from the Cricut cartridge "From My Kitchen" cut at 3" default. The trick with that is the the image also cuts with a knife and spoon, so I stopped the machine after the fork was completed. The saucer was cut with an oval Spellbinder and, before embossing, I centred a smaller oval and then embossed the whole.

T's image is Sugar Plum's Balloon Trevor, colored with Copics. Sponging was done with Distress Inks. The T is cut with Cricut's "Plantin" at 4" default and then embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. The finishing touch was the Maya Road button tied with a piece of cotton cord from my jewelry creation stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment