Monday, 2 April 2012

Easter Parade

Easter weekend is almost here, so it's time to wrap up any last minute greeting cards we paper crafters want to give to our friends and families. Here's a few of the cards I've been creating to celebrate this special time of year.

Easter Delivery

I just love the kids in this scene cause I remember the excitement of an Easter egg hunt. This image is from Art Impressions. It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on X-Press It. Once the image was colored with Copics, I topped off each egg with a circle of Judikens Diamond Glaze. The bunny suits were dotted with Stickles Stardust.










One Big Delivery


Strips of glitter paper left-over from another project were perfect for the card on the left. The card on the right was designed for a girl, so it had to have flowers! The colors on both cards just say "Easter" to me. Truly, any of the Penny Black hedgehogs images make me smile. After coloring with Copics, the large egg was dotted with Stickles Stardust.


Easter Basket

This card features a wrinkle-free distress background done with Distress Inks. I love the soft colors in the background and I love how the Copic colors look on watercolor paper. I stock up on double-sided satin ribbon when my local fabric store has a sale, so I usually have a good matching color in my stash. The basket, greeting and edging are done in gold heat embossing. The image is from Penny Black.











Easter Iris

This Heartfelt Creations image is one of my absolute favorites, and it's so much fun to color with Copics. Stardream metallics Serpentine is such a lovely green and it's my go-to background whenever I'm doing florals. Of course, Spellbinders dresses up any card design.


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment