Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Flowers are for Any Occasion


It seems to me that softly colored flowers fit any occasion. I recently used this design as a thank you card, but I think it could easily be a Birthday, Mother's Day or even Sympathy card.

This card was stunningly easy to make. I started with a 5 x 7 inch piece of Strathmore watercolor paper. I stamped Heartfelt Creation's Graceful Pansy stamps in three sizes with VersaMark and heat embossed with white powder. Then I sponged Distress Ink as follows. Note that the colors go with a particular flower, but I didn't stay in the lines - I purposely sent the color into the surrounding area.
  • Centre of each flower - Scattered Straw
  • Large Flower - Victorian Velvet with a touch of Worn Lipstick
  • Medium Flower - Tattered Rose with a touch of Dried Marigold
  • Small Flowers - Milled Lavender with a touch of Dusty Concord
  • Space Inbetween - Shabby Shutters
Mist generously with water and watch the magic happen!

I adhered the watercolor paper to a dark purple panel of SU cardstock. Iwrapped a piece of ribbon diagonally across and added a bow of sheer purple ribbon. This piece was adhered to a lighter purple card cut to 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches. Finish by adding dots of Liquid Pearls to ribbon and flower centres.

No comments:

Post a Comment