It seems to me that softly colored flowers fit any occasion. I recently used this design as a thank you card, but I think it could easily be a Birthday, Mother's Day or even Sympathy card.
This card was stunningly easy to make. I started with a 5 x 7 inch piece of Strathmore watercolor paper. I stamped Heartfelt Creation's Graceful Pansy stamps in three sizes with VersaMark and heat embossed with white powder. Then I sponged Distress Ink as follows. Note that the colors go with a particular flower, but I didn't stay in the lines - I purposely sent the color into the surrounding area.
- Centre of each flower - Scattered Straw
- Large Flower - Victorian Velvet with a touch of Worn Lipstick
- Medium Flower - Tattered Rose with a touch of Dried Marigold
- Small Flowers - Milled Lavender with a touch of Dusty Concord
- Space Inbetween - Shabby Shutters
Mist generously with water and watch the magic happen!
I adhered the watercolor paper to a dark purple panel of SU cardstock. Iwrapped a piece of ribbon diagonally across and added a bow of sheer purple ribbon. This piece was adhered to a lighter purple card cut to 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches. Finish by adding dots of Liquid Pearls to ribbon and flower centres.