Thursday, 12 April 2012

Rich Colored Birthday

This card was created for a friend's birthday. She's not a pastel kind of girl - she's strong and vibrant and I wanted her card to reflect her personality. She loved it, so I guess I hit the mark.

I have to thank Reddyisco, a friend from Splitcoaststampers, for the inspiration for this card. You can find her original card here: Here

Here's how I made my version:

Cut a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper 3 x 6 inches. Swipe with Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany, and Frayed Burlap. I applied the ink pads directly to this very textured paper. Spray with water to encourage colors to make magic. Allow to dry thoroughly.

Stamp with VersaMark and use gold heat embossing. Stampin Up's Fifth Avenue Floral used here, along with a small SU leaf for which I don't have the name. Color the insides of the flower with Copic R37 & R39. Adhere panel to a strip of Stardream Metallics cut at 3 1/4 x 6 inches. Tie a piece of gold ribbon around the panel, and make a double looped bow.

Create a 6" square card with a color that you can pull out of your distressed panel. SU cardstock is used here. Using a second color, cut a piece 5 x 6 inches and edge with Spellbinders. Trim to 4 inches wide. Adhere to base of card, and then adhere distressed panel.

Cut butterfly with Cricut Home Acents cartridge at 2.5 inches default from the two accent colors.

Finish with crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment