Friday, 4 May 2012

Barbie Doll is Retiring



One of my dear friends, Barb, is retiring. I call her Barbie Doll cause she's just so cute and smiley, and her outfits are always so well put together. I was invited to Barb's corporate party yesterday and we had such a nice time. It's important for me that Barb is retiring because the two us, along with our friend Linda, are peas in a pod when it comes to paper arts. Now the three of us have all the time in the world to create!

Here's the card I made for the celebration. It begins with my usual Stardream Metallic base cut to 5 1/4 by 7 1/4 inches. Then a panel of green metallic vellum is sandwiched with a patterned paper by K & Company. The image is Stampin Up's Apothocary Art, stamped in Distress Peeled Paint. The sentiment is SU's Loving Thoughts. I then colored the flowers with Copics R20, 22, 24 and G40. A little sponging with Distress Barn Door sets it off from the vellum. Both the vellum and the image were cut with Sissix Framelits Labels 125598. A pretty bow tops it off.

Inside is one of my favorite thoughts for retirement. It's an anonymous quote that goes like this, "A beautiful day to play, free to be just me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment