Friday, 4 May 2012

Karen Loves Cats



My friend Karen and I have a huge thing in common - we are both crazy about cats. We buy each other cat-themed gifts, and our two cats are from the same mom and dad. Any time I make a cat card, I know Karen will love it.

I was inspired for this card`s look by Oozak`s second challenge - the colors of Spring.

Here`s how I made this card. First, a square base card out of Stardream metallic cardstock at 5.75 inches.
The I stamped Penny`s Black`s Tulip Jungle on X-Press It Cardstock with Memento Black. I colored it with a multitude of Copics:
R81, 83, 85
YR000, 00, 01, 02
V000, 01, 04, 06
Y000, 00, 21, 23
YG00, 01, 03, 05, 06
C00, 1, 3, 5

The image was cut and embossed with A Spellbinder rectangle, and sponged with Distress Scattered Straw.
A second rectangle was cut from an unknown green metallic vellum. My Favorite Things die cut a cute border, and it`s topped off with a double bow.

4 comments:

  1. Simple and sweet. I loved how you colored the cat : )
    Thank you for joining us over Oozak's blog challenge!
    x
    anaRy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    Love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! The last one that I looked at (the kitty) was sooo adorable! I read your little bit on the side about "To Craft Or Not To Craft" and I couldn't agree with you more. I have been crafting pretty much all my life but just recently started into cards. Could I ask you take a look at my blog and cards and let me know what you think?
    Marianne
    http://cardsbymarianne.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card and once again I love the way you colored the tulips.

    ReplyDelete