Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Autumn Splendor



There's a bit of a nip here this morning in beautiful British Columbia, and it has me thinking of Fall with it's beautiful display of the best that Mother Nature has to offer. The people at the Oozak Blog have Autumn on their minds, too, and their current challenge calls for a project all about Fall.
http://blog.oozak.com/2012/08/challenge-5-fall-themed.html
This is my entry.

This card is 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches, cut in Stampin Up cardstock. Another layer of SU card was added.

I went out into the yard and picked a nice leaf, and then traced it onto watercolor paper a number of times with a Copic pen. I then sponged with Distress Ink in Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. I misted with water and allowed the piece to dry. I then added random streaks of VersaMark and heat embossed with gold.

I stamped a scrap of the watercolor paper with Stampin Up's Loving Thoughts and heat embossed. I back the sentiment with more of the second cardstock. I then cut a Spellbinders shape from the second cardstock, and snipped pieces from it to decorate the corners and sentiment.

A bit of ribbon and dots of Liquid Pearl complete the project.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful card, love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges :)

    ReplyDelete