Friday, 24 August 2012

QKR Stampede Challenge!!!

QKR Stampede is currently holding their second weekly challenge. This week's challenge is Anything Goes. There are some great prizes: 

2 Digital Stamps of Your Choice From the QKR Stampede Store 

However, if you enter and win using a QKR Stampede Image, You will Win 4 Digital Stamps From the QKR Stampede Store!

Check it out at:
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.ca/2012/08/challenge-2-anything-goes.html

Here's my entry

Here's how this project, I call her Teddy Girl, came together. 

I really like the look you get when you stamp in black and white, and then highlight a portion of the stamp by cutting it out and mounting on a contrasting color.  I have to give credit to my friend Barbie for the great idea of coloring a further portion in that contrasting color. This technique also looks spectacular when the image with the contrast paper completely fills a card front without any further decoration – stay tuned, I’ll demo that on another occasion.

Girl with Bear was simply printed, then I used a Spellbinder square to cut of a portion of the image that I wanted to highlight. Then I cut a slightly larger square in your contrast color. Adhere the layers, add a bow, some flowers and pearls and you’ve created something very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment