Friday, 10 August 2012

Sweet Citrus Splash


I created this card as an entry for the Dare to Get Dirty Challenge for Fan Club Members on Splitcoaststampers. If you want to get in on all fun - and all the inspiration - join the Fan Club! This card was especially fun for me because with it I won a gift certificate to Cat's Pajamas stamp company!

The image I used on this card is available on the CD included with the Copic Coloring Guide Level 2: Nature. The coloring technique and Copic colors used are exactly as described in the book. I cut out the oranges with a scalloped circle Spellbinder.

Next, I cut a 5 3/4 inch square card in lemon-yellow cardstock and three squares embossed with Cuttlebug. I topped the card with a slightly smaller white card and a lime-colored patterned paper cut a shade smaller yet. Three white squares provide a nice constrast between the yellow and green.

The sentiment is from a My Favorite Things stamp set, stamped in VersaFine and heat embossed. Back the sentiment with more yellow card.

Adhere all layers and top with a double orange bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment