Saturday, 20 October 2012

Swimming By



As a member of the QKR Stampede design team, I have the opportunity to choose images which provide a coloring challenge. This creation features Digi2303 Tropical Fish, but almost any QKR Stampede image has amazing coloring potential. I had a great time working with the colors for this project on a cloudy October morning since it had me thinking of tropical island breezes, inviting turquoise water and swimsuits rather than my reality of sweat pants, socks AND slippers - LOL.

The "Copic Coloring Guide, Level 2: Nature" by Colleen Schaan and Marianne Walker is one of the best crafting investments I've ever made. Using the tutorial entitled, "Alternative Blending and Shading Groups", I was able to understand the 10+2 rule for shading and how to blend outside one color family. I highly recommend this book.

The colors used on this project were taken right from those suggested in the tutorial. Copic colors for this project are as follows:
Blue Fish: B000, B00, B12, B24, BV00, BV11, BV23, R46
Orange Fish: Y11, Y15, YR15, YR18, R46

Otherwise, this was a very simple project which came together in a snap. Print the image, color it, cut and emboss with a Spellbinder and sponge with Distress Ink. Cut a piece of black card just a bit bigger and adhere to card front. Add a computer generated sentiment, a few dots of Stickles and it's finished!

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I learn sοmething new and challenging оn sites
    I stumbleupon on a dаily basіs. ӏt's always helpful to read through content from other writers and use a little something from other sites.
    Feel free to visit my web page ... Hello Kitty Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fantastic look with a gorgeous colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy card, you can't help but smile with those colors and fish faces.

    ReplyDelete