Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Cricut Christmas Deer


I don't know what it is about me and deer this Christmas, but they seem to be leaping into quite a few of my projects - LOL. Cricut images make quick and easy cards during this busy crafting season. They also make it easy to create masculine projects; in fact, I think this one will be my Dad's card.

Here's how this card came together.
  1. Start with a base card at 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches. Mine is Stardream metallics. You want a heavy card to support the layers;
  2. Add a contrast color at 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches (text weight Stardream);
  3. Add a layer of designer paper (The Paper Studio's Christmas Treasures Glitter Stripe) cut at 5 x 7, and adhere all layers;
  4. Cut the deer with Cricut's Christmas Noel cartridge, including Shift and Shadow. Unfortunately, I neglected to note the size, but I'm guessing it was at 6 inches. Adhere all layers and add a small brad for the eye;
  5. Stamp a greeting (this one is Stampin Up) in VersaMark and heat emboss in green. Adhere to a small piece of the contrast color. Wrap with silver thread and adhere to card.
That's it - you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment