Friday, 30 November 2012

Looks Like Christmas


It's challenge time again at the QKR Stampede Blogspot. This week's challenge features the theme "Looks Like Christmas" and it sure does look like Christmas everywhere I go these days. In my naive youth, I used to think end of November was WAY too early to be doing Christmas events and shopping but, now that I craft almost everything we need and give, end of November is when I start to wonder if I'll get it all done in time!

Anyway, this happy guy is a QKR Stampede digi image found here: Bringing a Tree. As usual, it's a great image to color. My Copics R24, 27 and 29 are really getting a work-out these days. The sentiment is Ho Ho Ho.

The body of this card started with a base card of Stampin Up cardstock folded at 5 1/4 by 7 1/4 inches. Then I cut it with a Spellbinder, placing the cutting blade of the die just outside the fold. Then I cut and embossed another piece of the same card with the same die and adhered it to the card front so the front of the card has a complete die cut. I chose a smaller size of the same die to cut a window in the lower part of the card and slipped a sentiment between the two card layers.

A scrap of Christmas paper (this one from Bo Bunny) cut with the same die and a few strips of contrast card stock complete the cuts. A touch of Stickles gives the card a little sparkle, and we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment