This clean and simple (well, my idea of simple - LOL) card was created for the QKR Stampede Blog Challenge entitled "Winter Wonderland" My card features the QKR Stampede digi image Snowy Cabin. To evoke the image of sparkling frozen flakes, this card is done completely in Stardream Metallic cardstock with the Burnished Velvet Technique.
Here's how it all came together....
- Cut a card base in black cardstock to create a 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inch card;
- Cut a rectangle in red cardstock at 5 x 7 inches;
- Emboss a black rectangle with Spellbinder's M-Bossibilities; Winter Wonders, Design B and trim to 4 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches;
- Print the QKR digi image and trim, cover with Scor-Tape, peel off the protective layer, sprinkle over transparent micro-fine glitter, tap off excess and burnish (rub with fingers to enhance shine);
- Choose rectangular Spellbinder die which will cut an area to match the size of your image, cut this rectangle out of a piece of red cardstock, adhere resulting red frame over image;
- Centre the next larger Spellbinder rectangular die at the top of the black embossed card and cut;
- Adhere red layer underneath, and then adhere embossed panel to front of card.
Check out the other DT creations in the Winter Wonderland Challenge, and enter your own work for a chance to win great QKR Stampede images.