Thursday, 22 November 2012

Watercolor Poinsettia


This just might be my favorite project this season. OK, I might have said that about another one just the other day - lol. Kinda like a mother who loves all her children, I guess.

This Sunshine Designs poinsettia was stamped on watercolor paper with VeraMark and heat embossed with gold. Then I used a waterbrush to dip into drops of Distress Re-Inkers. I started with a light wash of Scattered Straw. On the top petals, I then added Festive Berries close to the centre, and then I squeezed a tiny bit of water over each petal and watched the color run and settle. On the lower petals, I also added a touch of Aged Mahogany before the water. Around the flowers, I add a hint of Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss, blending out with water. After allowing time to dry, I left the watercolor square pressed under a stack of cardstock overnight to flatten.

Stampin Up green cardstock and red Stardream Metallics in text weight complete the papers. Spellbinders were used to cut the fancy frame. The sentiment is heat embossed with Stampin Up Cherry Cobler. Gold ribbon and thread, along with a red crystal complete the card.

Besides using this in my personal card mailout this year, I'm going to enter it into the Oozak Blog Challenge Winter Vibes.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful....I was going to do this very same thing on a card, lol.....joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say congrats on the design team honour in my last comment, Deb.....CONGRATS....I know how happy this makes you and I'm happy for you. Now....THS card....simply awesome....I love the way it turned out.

    ReplyDelete