Saturday, 15 December 2012


Here is my last QKR Design Team project for this term. It's been a great experience and I thank all my team members for the encouragement and the all-important sharing of information. Thanks, of course, to the people of QKR Stampede for the great images and all the support you so generously give to your design team. The company has offered me a new opportunity that is really exciting - watch for more info soon.

This project is a 5 1/2 inch square card base cut from Stampin Up cardstock. It features Digi3801 Pear - a beautiful image. This pear was super-easy to color thanks to all the detail the stamp artist included in the image. All those small dots leave clues about where to color your darker shades. Just three shades of YR and three of YG were all it took to color the pear. When it was complete, I added just a hint of gold mica powder to the outside edges of the pear. It's so pretty when you see it in person, but difficult to photograph.

I added some sponging with Distress Inks to give color to the stark white of the paper on which the image was printed. A dark frame cut with Spellbinders and some glittery patterned paper adds a lot of contrast. Tie a bow, and it's done.

3 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady. This is beautiful. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Your pear looks good enough to eat! Beautiful coloring.


    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete