Friday, 14 December 2012

Ice Buddies


This pair of very relaxed buddies seems to be enjoying all the cold and snow this season brings. Today's project is a design team entry for today's QKR Stampede Blog Challenge. The theme for this week is Snow Fun, and I'm hoping I can include ice as well as snow - lol.

My project features QKR Stampede's digi image entitled Enjoying the Ride. The image gave me the opportunity to practice my "white" coloring, which is basically shading with a light gray. I colored the penquin and bear nose with a black Copic and topped off the black with a coat of Judikens Diamond Glaze.

The background was more of a challenge than I had anticipated. I had seen a tutorial on brayering a sky, and I thought that the technique was do-able. I was wrong - at least without a lot of practice. I ended up sponging the sky and sea with Distress Inks.

The base of my card is, as usual, Stardream Metallic, cut at 5 3/4 inches square. I topped it with another piece cut at 5 1/2 inches and embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The centre is cut with a Spellbiner to reveal the image placed behind. Stickles tops it all off.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, this is sooo cute. Love your coloring. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, I have and love this image and admire the way you colored it, it also looks great on the dark card base.

    ReplyDelete