Monday, 10 December 2012

We Three Cats


One of my girlfriends is as cat-crazy as I am, and she also loves giving cat-themed cards at Christmas. I wanted to come up with some different ideas for her to consider this year, so I looked for unique cat stamps that could be made into a Christmas theme. I came up with four different ideas and here's the first. This card features an image from Digistamps4joy.



This card base is cut from Stardream Metallics at 5 1/4 by 7 1/4 inches. I added a panel of lighter weight gold metallic paper from Recollections and a frame cut with Spellbinders and embossed with a Cuttleug folder in DCVW Shimmer Stack purple cardstock. The image was printed onto X-Press It Blending Card and colored with only 5 jewel-toned Copics (that might be a personal best low!). Copics used were YR24, V09, G09, R29 and B18.

Stickles, Distress Stickles and Liquid Pearls add a bit of bling (that's Distress Stickles on their heads). A gold ribbon wraps it up.

2 comments:

  1. Deb this is beautiful with all the wonderful colors. I love the embossing. Wonderful card. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card.....love the name....too clever!!

    ReplyDelete