Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Ah, Valentines - the day we celebrate love. And who could me more in love than these two cuties? This is the QKR Stampede image Bear Hugs and the Sentiment is from the Best Wishes Werdz Set. What really sets this particular card apart is the Gold Foil detail, and you can order Gold Leaf in several colors.
Sunday, 27 January 2013
I'm a girly girl - I admit it. I love anything pink, sparkly and romantic. So this card just makes me smile, inside and out. The inspiration for this card comes from one of my favorite artists, Kittie, who creates intricate, one color designs like no one else. The impetus for this particular card is the monthly Oozak Challenge with the theme, "Anything Goes With Pink". Here's how it came together...
This card goes to prove that the best things are created by collaboration - lol. I have blended dies from My Favorite Things (flowers), Spellbinders (square and leaves), Cheery Lynn (flourish) and Memory Box (heart). Once all those things were cut from Stampin Up paper, I sponged some of the edges with Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and decorated some with micro-fine glitter. I cut my base card at 5 3/4 inches. I also cut a square at 5 1/2 inches and stamped it in Distress with Impression Obsessions Cover-A-Card Flourishes. All the pieces were adhered. After I added three crystals, I couldn't come up with any more ideas to add sparkle and bling, so I called it done!
Wednesday, 23 January 2013
I'm here today with a tutorial on background stamps. I love me a good background stamp cause you can always create designer paper (DP) in colors that match your project, even if you don't have a store-bought paper that works. I particularly love Eureka background stamps because you can often match up background images with focal images. Check out the project below.
Let me show you how his card came together. First of all, cut a base card from Stardream metallic cardstock at 5 1/2 by 7 1/2 inches - yup, that's a pretty large card. I like Stardream because it's substantial enough to hold up to the weight of multiple layers without sagging when you try to display the card.
As you can see in the photo above, I cut a piece of Recollection metallic cardstock in a gunetal grey and decorated the bottom edge with Spellbinders Classic Edges 2. I then cut a 2 1/2 inch strip of the gunmetal paper the width of my cream background. I cut the scalloped border with the Spellbinder, and embossed the whole piece with a Cuttlebug Hearts folder. All layers were then adhered.
Another piece of the cream cardstock was stamped three times with the focal image, twice in Distress Worn Lipstick and heat embossed, and once in Distress Festive Berries and heat embossed with a sparkle powder.
I wanted to pop up my focal images so, as you can see in these two photos (above), I cut a heart with my Cricut from scrap card and traced a heart shape around my focal images then hand cut them.
I adhered the darker heart to a piece of the gunmetal card and hand cut around it to create a small border.
The two pink hearts were adhered to the card, and I used pop dots to attach the middle heart. A bit of ribbon and along with Liquid Pearl and glitter glue dots completed the project.
* * *
Above is another project using the same background technique. This card measures 6" square. For this project, I used Eureka's Heart Background 57901, Love Potion Bottle 35802 and, for the inside, Cascading Hearts 14707
Below, you can see how the background and inside images looked.
Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
- Ink your stamp with VersaMark and apply to black paper;
- Dust with a dry Swiffer cloth to remove any stray mica powder.
Here's how the image looked before heating - quite a change in color.
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
We had joyous news over the holidays - my nephew and the son of dear friends both announced their engagements to long-time girlfriends. How exciting! I wanted to create cards for these two couples which would capture their joy and our delight. The style needed to appeal to the young people, so I went for a clean and simple style that still had lots of interest.
The cardstock for the front of this project is a heavy, creamy card with a velvety finish. It was cut at 5 1/2 inches. I don't know the name of this card as it was included in a box of samples. The base card is cut at 5 3/4 inches from Stardream Metallic cardstock.
Monday, 7 January 2013
Yes, it's been a while since I last posted - holidays and all. Then I spent a few days going through every cupboard, shelf and drawer in my craft room with the goal of re-organizing and culling things that I don't use anymore. DH manhandled out an old TV which left with me more desk top to spread out my tools. It felt so good to clean and organize. One day, I'll post some of the organization ideas that make my life easier.