Monday, 7 January 2013

Calla Lillies with I.O.



Yes, it's been a while since I last posted - holidays and all. Then I spent a few days going through every cupboard, shelf and drawer in my craft room with the goal of re-organizing and culling things that I don't use anymore. DH manhandled out an old TV which left with me more desk top to spread out my tools. It felt so good to clean and organize. One day, I'll post some of the organization ideas that make my life easier.

Over the holidays, I received some new toys by Impression Obsession and I couldn't wait to play with them. IO has a line called Cover-a-Card which features background stamps sized to cover your whole card. When you layer these stamped images with others in different colors, the combinations are limitless. Just think - you'll always have what you need to create patterned papers in exactly the right colors!

For this background I used the Lines stamp with Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, then the Scratches stamp in Tattered Rose, then the Flourishes stamp in Bundled Sage. Here's a peak at what the background looked like as I played with color combinations. I decided to off-stamp the green layer just to lighten it up a bit for my card.

Once I had my background done, I stamped the IO Calla Lillies in Memento Rich Cocoa and heat embossed with clear powder. I cut the image out with a Spellbinder and sponged more Tattered Rose around the edge. I water colored the blooms and leaves with a water brush and Distress Ink re-inkers in the same colors, plus a touch of Scattered Straw.

I framed the sentiment with a Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two and layered it over a small piece of green ribbon. Dots of Liquid Pearls complete the picture.

This card will be entered in the Your Choice challenge at Impression Obsession.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love how you combined 3 Cover a card stamps for your background !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!! This is just too lovely! I think your colors are awesome and your stamp treaments wonderful! The whole card just really is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too! Hope you join us for the hop also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the layering with the CAC stamps. I really need to get more, they're fantastic. The Calla Lilies are beautiful and I think the colours you used are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love your background and soft coloring! I love the background stamps too, they are fun - you can get so many different results. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete