Sunday, 27 January 2013

Sparkly Pink Heart


I'm a girly girl - I admit it. I love anything pink, sparkly and romantic. So this card just makes me smile, inside and out. The inspiration for this card comes from one of my favorite artists, Kittie, who creates intricate, one color designs like no one else. The impetus for this particular card is the monthly Oozak Challenge with the theme, "Anything Goes With Pink". Here's how it came together...



This card goes to prove that the best things are created by collaboration - lol. I have blended dies from My Favorite Things (flowers), Spellbinders (square and leaves), Cheery Lynn (flourish) and Memory Box (heart). Once all those things were cut from Stampin Up paper, I sponged some of the edges with Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick and decorated some with micro-fine glitter. I cut my base card at 5 3/4 inches. I also cut a square at 5 1/2 inches and stamped it in Distress with Impression Obsessions Cover-A-Card Flourishes. All the pieces were adhered. After I added three crystals, I couldn't come up with any more ideas to add sparkle and bling, so I called it done!

2 comments:

  1. Kittie is one of my favs too, she will be proud to see yours. You were right the collaboration is simply gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Deb this is beautiful. Wow, you are just so talented. I love the way you combined all the different variants. The pink is fantastic. Wonderful job. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete