Monday, 11 February 2013

Impression Obsession Bird Collage


Impression Obsession is hosting a challenge calling for Shades of Green. I don't often reach for green, so it was a good experience for me. Plus, creating for this challenge gave me a reason to pull out this fabulous stamp from I.O.'s Dina Kowal collection Bird Collage 4. This stamp encourages a vintage look, which is also a stretch for me, so also a good exercise.

The background paper for this card was created with I.O.'s Cover-A-Card stamps. They are HUGE and they allow a person to create a designer paper in just the right colors. Here, I've used the Scratches stamp and stamped it in various directions with Distress Ink's Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, and Forest Moss. I sponged the edges with Aged Mahogany.

The image was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on X-Press It Blending card. The bird itself was colored with Copics E40, and R89 was added with the tip-to-tip color transfer method. The image was sponged with Antique Linen.

Spellbinders Floral Ovals was used for the green cut behind the image. And, as usual for me, liquid pearls gave the project the finishing touches.

Here's the same design in a different color combo. In the following project, the bird was watercolored with Distress Ink reinker. I also added a lace border stamp from Heartfelt Creations.

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, the background, the bird really beautiful, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Deb.....love the pearls on the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! Making me add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the green one, and the background lace on the second! I still have not used my bird image, but you have given me another good idea, thank you! And I also love the die cut. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete