Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Wedding Wishes


I haven't been a very productive little blogger lately. Life's been lobbing lemons at me since late last summer, but I think I'm done trying to make lemonade and hopefully I'm back in the creating groove.

Here's a card I designed for a good friend to celebrate a special wedding. Since I wasn't trying to work with products from one particular company, or guidelines for a particular challenge, I was "free to be me". Here's the list of products I used for this card:

Bella cardstock in cream
Big Shot Edgelits 125595 and matching embossing folder
Stampin Up stamp, VersaMark and clear heat embossing powder
Impression Obsession Flourish stamp
My Favorite Things rolled flower dies
Memory Box La Rue heart die
Big Shot Textured Impressions Stripes embossing folder
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die
Stickles
Faux Pearls

And here's how this card came together....
  1. Cut 5 3/4 inch square card;
  2. Cut one side with the edgelit die and emboss;
  3. Stamp and emboss sentiment;
  4. Stamp and emboss flourish (my flourish ran across score line and so onto the back of the card - I liked the look);
  5. Cut rolled flowers, spritz with water to soften this heavy paper, roll, glue and set aside to dry;
  6. Cut heart die;
  7. Trace around outside of heart die and hand cut. Run resulting heart through striped embossing folder;
  8. Cut two flourishes;
  9. Add pearls and Stickles to flower and allow to dry;
  10. Add Stickles to hearts as desired and allow to dry;
  11. Test run layout of items on card and snip apart elements of the die cut flourishes to suit;
  12. Adhere all layers and you're done! 

2 comments:

  1. Deb this is just beautiful. I love all the dies and those flowers are outstanding. Sorry I have not been back in touch with you, I have been in the hospital for a week with Diverticulitis. Very painful. Came home Tuesday and I am just resting now. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deb....this is truly gorgeous! It came together just fabulously well. Sorry to hear you've been getting life's lemons lately, but glad it seems to be passing!!

    ReplyDelete