Monday, 20 May 2013

Dance your Dreams



Here's a really fun project. Nothing speaks to me like great shoes - well, unless it's great papers!


Seriously, I've been in love with shoes since I was a little girl tottering around on toy plastic high heels. Here's a snap I found on Pinterest. I wonder how many of us turned our ankles in those early years - lol. Who else remembers how absolutely glamorous a girl felt in these?



The main image on this card is Stampin Up's Fabulous You. I stamped it in VersaFine on a scrap of white cardstock. Then I scanned it with my printer and saved the image to my computer. From there, I was able to enlarge it so it made a statement image (bonus: much easier to color the larger size with Copics).

The card front was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. It was stamped in VersaFine and heat embossed in clear. The background for the sentiment was cut with a Spellbinders die.

This card was created as part of my commitment to the Kards for Kids program in support of the patients at the Toronto Hospital for Sick Children. Older kids there need cards, too. Check out Kards for Kids here if you'd like to get involved.

It's a gorgeous Victoria Day here in my corner of the world. Hope the sun is shining where you are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb.....I love EVERYTHING about your beautiful card!! The sentiment layer is gorgeous and I just love the sentiment itself. I can't believe you found a pair of those shoes.....mine were exactly like that....except blue!!!

    ReplyDelete