Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Calling All Cinderellas



This my second post of the day, all in an effort to post before the end of Splitcoast Stampers Love Fest challenge - lol. The challenge here, hosted by Stamping Bella, is to create a project based on thinking about Spring. When I think Spring, I think of shopping with my mom for new shoes and an Easter outfit - so exciting! Any Bella worth her salt would be taken in by this dress in a store window.

This focal image is a new concept for me. It's a "topper" from a CD of art produced by Jem's Designs. You simply slip the disc into your computer, choose an image and print it in glorious color - how cool is that? I learned about this potential on the blog of my friend Crafting Vicky. Thanks, Vicky.

So, what does a girl do with a simply gorgeous image? You want to frame it, but not overwhelm it, right? Seriously, it took way longer to design the card and choose the best paper, than it would have taken to color six images, but I just loved the result.

Bella cardstock in chocolate forms the base. Gold from the DCWV Shimmer Stack serves as the background and pink glitter from the DCWV Chateau Lavender cardstock stack adds just a touch of glamor. Die cuts used here are Marianne LR0202 and Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms.

Now, I just wish I had somewhere to go to wear a dress like this. Oh, and a strapless bra...nevermind...it's too cold here anyway. I should take a hint from The Boss and just curl up into a cat ball in a corner of the couch.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOW that's totally stunning! I just adore the DP you have used with it. So happy you are happy with your purchase :)

    Still a few days to enter in my little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html - There's 15 awesome prizes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is Stunning...I can't stop looking at it. You really rocked this and I love everything about it. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete