Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Dancing Our Dreams





Still with the Splitcoast Stampers Love Fest set of challenges; this one hosted by My Favorite Things and the theme is heartfelt greetings. This little lady is MFT Sweet Spring Joline. She's another image I've had for a while, but my favorite images never seem to lose their appeal.

This card has a 5 3/4 " square base cut from Stamping Up card. The patterned paper is from DCWV Lace and Linen Stack. Brown Memento ink was stamped on X-Press It Blending Card. The image was cut with a Spellbinders Labels 4 die, and the scallops where the two papers is a die from MFT. Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick was sponged when the paper was still in the label die. I maybe should have used a die one size larger, but I didn't want to cover up any more of the pretty paper than was necessary.

There's only one trick on this card. After coloring the dress with Copics, I allowed it to dry, then saturated a scrap of lace with Copic Colorless Blender. I then held it over the dress for a couple of seconds and allowed that to dry before coloring the rest of the image.

Copic colors used:
Dress: E40, 41, 44
Hair: E23,25, 27
Accessories: R81
Skin: YR000, E11, R81

1 comment: