Thursday, 27 February 2014

Shabby Chic Dress Form



Scor-Pal is one of the company sponsors for the Splitcoast Stampers Love Fest Challenge. While shabby isn't one of my "go-to" looks (except for a night on the couch with the remote control) Scor-Pal is definitely one my favorite tools. For inspiration, I reached for Diana Crick and Penny Wessenauer's book entitled, Score, Fold, Create and pretty much CASEd a project found there.

This card starts with a 5x7 gatefold card. I added patterned paper panels on the front and inside. Both card and paper are from the DCWV Linen Closet stack. I scored a piece of scrap white-core navy card with the regular scoring tool and with the scor-bug (to make the dotted lines) and sanded it carefully. Here's a tip, sand your solid lines first, before doing the dotted lines, as the dots raise higher than the regular scores and you'll have a hard time sanding the solid lines. Then I cut/embossed this piece with a Spellbinders Label 8 and cut that label shape into pieces just the right size for the card.

The image was stamped with Memento Paris Dusk and clear embossed. Now that I look at it, I could have done a better job lining up the image with the cutting die - oh well - it's hand-made after all. Another navy piece was cut with the same sized die and added, just off-set a bit, to the back of image for stability. MFT rolled roses and Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Decorative Chateau Gate vines and leaves were added to the panel. A few dots of trusty Liquid Pearls filled in the empty corners.

Here's a shot of the card when it's open. Oh, this shot reminds me...I also stamped a second image, trimmed around the butterfly shape, colored it with Copics, folded it in half, and glued just the centre line to the image.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely your tri-fold card is....Wonderful designer papers and the flowers are perfect....Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete